Monday, February 21, 2011

Illustration Class Project: Design Your Own Tattoo...

So slowly but surely, the academic side of life is picking up now that we are well into a month of school. Our first major assignment in my illustration class was to design a tattoo, and using photo-shop, spot color it.

Creating the tattoo was the easy part (my design was based on the notion of duality); using photo-shop...well, that was another story. While I like my tattoo and my spot coloring (looks very modernish), in terms of the assignment, I don't think I was too effective.

I think I just have to spend some quality time with photo-shop. Maybe a candle lit dinner, some wine, some chocolate...then maybe, she'll open up and reveal her wonderful lil secrets to me, lol. Anyway, here is my tat, from start to finish...


Original tattoo drawing.



Tattoo drawing following clean-up in Photo-shop.



Tattoo drawing with Spot color (variations of pink) added.



Ohh and something weird, but cool, that happened when I initially tried to convert my photoshopped tattoo from a tiff. file to a jpeg. file...




This could honestly only happen by way of an accident because frankly, I am way to ignorant of photo-shop to have actually purposely done this, which is actually kinda sad when I think about it...sighhh...lol.

No comments: